Thursday, April 07, 2005

 
It’s been one of the wettest winters on record here in Southern California, and while this has had many devastating consequences--deadly mudslides, homes slipping off foundations, trophy wives having to drive Mercedes through flooded streets—there have also been a few positives to come out of this.

It’s colorful around here. I’d even go as far to say Technocolor colorful, although not as colorful as Joseph and his amazing dreamcoat, but you get the picture. Normally when you look out onto the hills, it’s brown, “Giraffe Beige,” or whatever Pottery Barn color you want to call it.

Anyway, the reason I’m giving out all of this useless information is that last weekend, my wife and I went to the Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve. Just an hour north of Los Angeles, somewhere between the ex-gangbangers, meth labs, and biker bars lies this, this and this.

Amazing, isn’t it?



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

online Site Meter Listed on Blogwise Blogarama
about me
Linkage
archives
how to contact me