Tuesday, October 19, 2004

 

I had a reaction similar as those who commented on the previous post, which is what made me park and get out of my car. It just looked so surreal. As I walked up, I thought, “Is it some sort of guerilla street art? What could have possibly done this?” So, I snapped a picture with my handy camera phone.

When I started to look around, I began to realize it probably wasn’t the aftermath of some fiery accident. The bent over streetlight was still flashing and, much to my dismay, there wasn’t change pouring out of the damaged parking meter.

Then I noticed there was a man sitting behind me on a stool. I said to him, “Do you know what this is all about?”

He looked at me like he had answered that question about a million times already, but still gave me the stock reply. “They’re going to shoot a commercial here. A car is going to come screeching to a halt and everything will look as if it’s melted and burned. I’m just watching the props until later tonight.”

You can imagine my disappointment.

I took a closer look at the sign (Emily almost pegged it) and realized that it said “Hot Maxima.”

So there you go. Coming soon to a television near you: The new Nissan commercial.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

online Site Meter Listed on Blogwise Blogarama
about me
Linkage
archives
how to contact me