Tuesday, August 17, 2004

 

**JOB HUNTING UPDATE**

The "newsy/entertainment gig" that sent me a polite, if impersonal, form letter actually called me.

Again.

The man I talked to told me that an overzealous underling “who didn’t actually make any of the hiring decisions” had sent out the letter. I was told that they had heard “great things” about me. I was told that before I take a staff gig anywhere else, I should consider coming and freelancing for them.

Freelancing…. Sounds interesting.

However, I should remember that this same man, the one who called me, actually threw a VCR at a friend of mine a few years ago. He also once held up a page of someone’s writing and exclaimed, “Now, I could take a pencil and make notes all over this piece of paper, but I could also take the same pencil and stick it up my ass. And to be honest, sticking a pencil up my ass seems more productive.”

VCRs. Pencils… Sounds interesting.

I told him I’d think about it.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

online Site Meter Listed on Blogwise Blogarama
about me
Linkage
archives
how to contact me