Saturday, July 03, 2004

 

This afternoon, the wife and I are going to a party somewhere deep in Hollywood. Like the two of us, it will be an odd mixture of psychologists and people working in the entertainment business, and that always has the promise of crisis and spectacle. We’re supposed to dress as if we’re going to a country club, so I can only assume this means there will be lots of croquet playing, little sandwich eating and Bloody Mary drinking. My attire will have the I-am-going-yachting-or-to-the-private-tennis-club look.

While all of this sounds interesting, pretentious and fun, I’m really looking forward to where everyone will be going after the party. A couple of weekends a month a group called Cinespia projects old movies on the side of a mausoleum at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. It should be interesting to watch Kiss Me Deadly only a few steps away from Valentino and Cecil B. DeMille.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

online Site Meter Listed on Blogwise Blogarama
about me
Linkage
archives
how to contact me