Wednesday, May 26, 2004

 

Yes, I’ve been away and now I’m glad to be back. A word of advice: If you wake up in a dark room and find that you’re tied up with a ball gag in your creepy downstairs neighbor’s apartment, it pays to have a little Swiss Army knife keychain.

My job has been more of the same. My nemesis came by and talked to me yesterday, but only because it was mandatory. I shouldn’t say nemesis though, right? That just brings up the whole competitive thing. Then again, doesn’t every great story have a protagonist squaring off against an arch nemesis-rival-antagonist? Today there’s another meeting where we’re supposed to show up with ideas and concepts. During the last one I wanted to stab myself in the eye with a pencil, so we’ll see how this one goes.

I’ve also been testing the waters about other employment opportunities, which means I get to feel insecure about any work I’ve ever done because now I have to show it as proof of my creativity.

On a lighter and more positive note, my wife purchased me a book that she said was just up my alley, but only because I’m always picking things up off the ground. The book is called “Found” and it’s a collection of things people have found: Pictures, notes, letters, etc. It is awesome. There’s even a website here. My favorite found things are the photos. There’s something about random pictures that give me lots of ideas for stories.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

online Site Meter Listed on Blogwise Blogarama
about me
Linkage
archives
how to contact me